2019 Building Renovation Grant Recipients:
1.) Larrison’s - Roof Grant Approved 5/2019-$10,553.00 (Paid 7/25/19)
2.) AES - Build out program Approved 5/2019-$20,000.00 (PAID 6/13/2019)
3.) Vat and Barrel - Marc Gebhardt-Build out program Approved 6/2019-$20,000.00
4.) Anthony Walker - Build out program - Approved 6/2019-$20,000.00*
5.) Eva Auleman - Chocolate Spoon - Roof program and build out program-Approved 7/2019-$20,000.00 (Paid 8/13/19)
6.) Shannon Allman - Hearts Desire - 10/2/19-Approved $10,000 Approved $10,000.00 (11/13/19) Total $20,000.00
7.) Seymour Decorating - Build out program Approved 11/14/2019-$20,000.00
8.) Weldon Thurman - Build out program - Approved 12/4/19 $20,000.00
9.) Lot Hill Farms - Rental Assistance and Window Replacement - Approved 12/3/19 $11,100.00
- Roof Replacement
- Masonry and Mortar Joint Repair
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Window/Door/Transom, Repair/Replacement
- Knox Box
- Painting Interior/Exterior
- Electrical Upgrades
- HVAC Upgrades
- Fire Safety
- ADA upgrades excluding elevators
- Replacement of architectural details
Removal of non-historic materials (e.g. siding that covers transom windows, bricked over window or door openings, paint removal from brick etc..)
Qualifying applicants may receive a maximum grant benefit of $20,000 per 24-month period. This maximum benefit excludes the Down Payment Assistance, Rental Purchase Assistance Program and the Low Interest Loan Program.
The grant funds will be eligible for items that would stay with the building should the tenant move
In order to qualify for Seymour Main Street grant funds the Grantee shall continue ownership or business operations for a period of at least 24 months, or be subject to penalties.
Not all applicants will qualify.
New business qualifying applicants should submit the following:
- A complete application
- Provide financial information related to the startup and operation of the business
- Set up a meeting Small Business Development Center to develop a business plan prior to acceptance into the program
- Attend training/workshop opportunities that deal with a variety of topics including merchandise management, marketing, HR, finance, customer service
- Have established hours and participate in Seymour Main Street events
- A plan for the build out of the building to accommodate the new business.